The K0D8 is a N-scale drop-in decoder for Kato locomotives. Examples include the following:
- P42 Genesis
See the installation pages for a full list of compatible engines!
Note: The K0D8 line of decoders are available with different lighting configurations. Pay special attention to the compatibility. The K0D8-A features 2 onboard super-bright, “Sunny White” LED’s with long leads.
- Back EMF Load Compensation: Provides superior slow speed control and high performance under load.
- Quiet Drive: Super-quiet motor control for “buzz” free motor performance.
- DC Mode: Decoder will automatically detect DC power. You can also configure how your lighting effects function on DC.
- RailCom®: This feature allows the decoder to talk to the command station. RailCom supports expansion for new features.
- Variable Momentum: Allows you to make custom acceleration and deceleration curves.
- LED Support: This product does not require external resistors when connecting LED’s.
- Incandescent Bulb Support: This decoder can be used with 12 Volt bulbs.
- Function Remapping: Buttons 0 through 12 may be used to control the lighting functions of this decoder.
- Programmable Lighting Effects: Choose from 20 separate user-programmable lighting effects!
- Dimmable Brightness: Configure multiple different brightness levels for your LED’s or incandescent bulbs.
- Decoder Lock: Feature which prevents accidental/unwanted programming while activated.
- Airwire™ Compatible: Fully compatible with Airwire™ operation.
- User-Loadable Speed Tables: Configure custom speed curves and set speed limits.
- Interface Type Drop-In
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 2.139″ x 0.538″ x 0.068″ or 54.32mm x 13.67mm x 1.73mm
- Scale: N Scale
- Continuous/Peak: 1.0/2.0 Amp
- Total Functions: 8
- Function Rating: 80 mA
- 12V Outputs 6
- LED Outputs 6
- Onboard LEDs 2